BE ONE STEP AHEAD
We know that planning your wedding can be very exciting but also very overwhelming, so we are here to help you! We have put together some simple tips that will help make the process of choosing your wedding florist so much easier.
First things first, be prepared! Before you decide to meet with a florist to discuss your wedding there were a few things you should know prior to your first meeting.
- Know what pieces you will be needing
- Know your budget for your flowers
- Know your color palette
- Make sure to read the florist’s wedding offerings on their website before setting up a consultation. Chances are, all the info you need is there to help you get started.
The trust factor is so critical! Trust is everything, especially in a creative field such as floral design. When hiring your florist, you are working with a professional and there has to be a level of trust to let the designer take your inspiration for your big day and make it amazing for you.
- Trust is an important factor. When choosing your florist, it’s just as important to like their floral style as well as their personality. You will be working together for several months if not more.
- When you have trust with your florist that’s when the magic happens! Let your floral bestie go above and beyond for you. When they have your trust, they can exceed your expectations!
WHAT TYPE OF BRIDE ARE YOU?
It’s important to understand where you fall on this scale in order to find the florist that is the right fit for you.
Are you a hands-on bride who prefers picking all the flowers? Or do you prefer to give the creative reins to your florist?
Find a floral designer who enjoys the type of creative process that suits you best.
Here at Twig and Vine Florals, we love to meet with you during a scheduled consultation and hear all of your ideas and then our designers create a one of a kind concept just for you. We do not copy other weddings that you may have for your inspiration. We work based off of color palette, not specific flowers. Our team finds the best flowers that are available during the season of your event and put together gorgeous floral pieces just for you.
DID YOU KNOW FLORISTS HAVE THEIR OWN DESIGN STYLE?
Make sure that the design style of the flowers you want for your wedding matches the aesthetic of the florist you choose. Do some homework and compare your pinterest board to the design work of the florist you are interested in working with. Do the floral styles seem similar? If the answer is yes then you will have fun working together. If you notice that what you are looking for is more on the traditional side, while the prospective florist’s style is wild and organic you might run into some issues. Make sure to seek out the florist that specializes in the style of florals that you are looking for.
So there you have it! Our quick guide on how to choose a florist for your event. Hope you found this helpful for your search and we hope to create something beautiful for you soon.